Vitamins & Minerals
Vitamins & Minerals are essential in our wellbeing. But what vitamins and minerals do I daily take and why?
First of all a lot of vitamins should come from eating healthy and balanced.
Enough red and white meat to get in the essential minerals like iron en zink ( ideal to uphold your testosteron level when getting older ) but also a lot of vitamins like B12, B3 and B6. Next to that meat is one of the primary sources for proteins needed to build up and maintain your muscle mass.
Eat Fish like Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Ansjovis because It is loaded with rich unsaturated fats like Omega-3 and it will help people struggling with cholesterol issues to fight it.
Fruits and Vegetables will take care of the healthy dosis of anti-oxydants helping you to prevent cancer and providing you an other source of well needed vitamins like vitamin c, d, e etc….. Try to focus on green fresh vegetables like brocolli, asparagus, spinach, etc… and avoid potatoes. And if you are a potatoe lover eat the sweet potatoe version.
Dairy Products…. my advise is to avoid them but that is personal.
And avoid sugars 🙂
So I eat healthy ( I believe ). So why do I need supplements?
For the last few months I have been training 6 out of 7 days. Going to the gym on a daily basis and next to that still going wakeboarding en kiteboarding. And the same time I dropped my daily calorie intake significantly since I would like to loose a lot of my belly fat I collected over the last 7 years.
My “old” body gets hurt and as such suffers. I need to support it as much as I can. That is why I take supplements.
Here is the list of supplements I take
- glucosamine + chondroitine: helps with restoring and maintain cartilage. This helps with maintaining a strong skeleton structure needed for wakeboarding and kitesurfing.
- Collagen: again helps restoring and maintaining your skeleton structure and at the same time has anti-aging qualities
- Proteins: are the base element of building muscles
- Creatine: your energy booster !
- Vitamin mix: all essential vitamins for regulating your internals
- Mineral mix: all essential minerals for regulating your internals
- Zink: needed to promote your testosteron level. How older you get, how harder.
- Asghawahanda: just read about it. This herb does miracles like lowering your cortisol levels !
Important to notice that I do not have a medical degree. This information is purely informational and not binding.